Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pulled Pork!!

My new adventure in fooding - pulled pork. I'm currently experimenting with dry rubs, in the hopes of finding the best spice combination. For the cooking process, I'm using my slow cooker. 10 hours on low seems to be just perfect. Following the 10 hours, I take the pork out, pull it apart, and then place it back in the slow cooker for an hour or so with some BBQ sauce. The key is to not use too much BBQ sauce. The meat has such a great flavour on its own, there's no need to smother it.

Though many like pulled pork in a cheap white bun with lots of BBQ sauce, I love mine in fajitas. Corn tortillas, fried just lightly in a dry pan, with cilantro, pineapple, and a few squirts of fresh lime is the ultimate way to eat pulled pork!

1 comment:

aborenst said...

Following the 10 hours, I take the pork out, pull it apart, and then place it back in the slow cooker for an hour or so with some BBQ sauce.

Thats about the sexiest foodrotica I´ve heard in months.

I´m picturing your pulled pork on a lightly toasted italian bun, drizzled with the sauce and juices from the bottom of the pan, topped with a simple avocado, green onion, and lime guacamole.

Uuuuuuuuu.