Thursday, April 16, 2009

When Japan meets Arkansas.

Last night I made sushi for my lovely friend Lisa and I. Nothing too fancy - a few California rolls, some avocado and cucumber rolls, and a sweet potato roll. Following our lovely feast, we watched my favourite show of all time, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Every day I hope to turn on the tv and discover the host Guy Fieri has miraculously turned off his inner douche-bag, and become the ultimate amazing babe I know he can be. Unfortunately, that has yet to happen. His surfer-rockabilly look makes me slightly nauseous, but he has a richteous car, and a ridiculously amazing taste for food, so my embarrassing love affair will continue, despite the frosted tips.

Where was I going with this? Oh yes, Triple D (aka Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives). So on the episode we were watching, a delicious dish by the name of Red-Neck Sushi takes the stage. The contents of Red-Neck sushi? Pulled-pork and green onions, deep-fried, with a mayonnaise garnish. What have a spent the past few days making? That's right, pulled-pork and sushi!! It was like Food Network heaven was looking down on me and presenting me with a little food gift.

This afternoon when I got home, I decided to make said delicious dish for Lisa and myself. Let me tell you, it was unbelievable!! Red-Neck Sushi. Who'da thought something so ridiculous sounding could be so incredible. Thank you Guy Fieri.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

hahaha, this is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT GUY!

get your shit together, dude!